So you saw my blog post – Dating Tips..for men from my perspective.. (a girl duh). Well a few weeks ago I met a man in a queue whilst at the Genius Bar at the Mac store (it was a long wait). We became facebook friends and he liked my Dating Tips for Men so much he has come back to me (on my request) with a list of Dating Tips.. for all us lovely ladies… and actually the boy’s done good. So here is my first Guest Blogger on ohDearyme…
Introducing.. Craig Glasgow’s Dating Tips For Girls
1) Don’t come to a date wearing anything that shows skin that ISN’T to be stared at.. This is a handy guide to remember when wondering “ohh what should I wear?”… we will evaluate anything we can see.
2) Don’t tell us “I’ve made some really bad choices/I seem to attract bad boys”. Ever. What you’re REALLY saying is “I have no selection process”. It’s the equivalent of going to buy a car and the owner saying “there’s a lot of miles on the clock and it’s been driven hard”.
3) When you get up halfway through the date to visit the ladies’ room and tell your girls how the date is going, walk slowly, we want to eye you up in your tight dress.. This is ALSO a handy tip when wondering what to wear.*See #1
4) Us blokes don’t like “bitches”. Fact. Sure, we’ll sleep with you if you’re pretty/fit/look like you’ll do “fun stuff”. We’ll even date you and be Mr Nice Guy long enough in order to get a bit, but you’re never going to be placed on the “keeper” list if you are genuinely not a nice person. Snapping at the waiter for a minor transgression will ensure you get ditched for “Suzie Smiley Face” in the longterm.
5) You know that thing where you just can’t give up an ex even though you know they’re bad for you and treat you awfully? Yeah? Well, manly men don’t HAVE that. If a man is done with a woman that is a bitch (see above), then she’ll most likely have her p45 and a pat on the head (unless she is required for sex). So don’t mention your ex from 11yrs ago that keeps coming back into your life.
6) We are all Mummies boys, yes, ALL of us. ESPECIALLY the tough guys. Don’t question anything about a mans mother until you’ve met her. Don’t criticise a mans mother until your name is on the mortgage deed. This is a p45-worthy error.
7) Vegetarians are ok. We get it, kind of. But if you look like you’re going to gag at our caveman meat-feast, our mind will race forward 5 years to a fridge full of cress, rocket and you trying to make our kids eat quorn. Not to mention the stereotype of veggies not doing “fun stuff”.
8) The whole “independent 21st century woman” thing basically signals to us that you don’t want kids/can’t cook/will quite happily race in to your mid-30s preaching that you don’t need a man. This may scare us. We are simple creatures (seriously). Maybe, don’t use that phrase until we get to know you.
9) We’ll happily get the bill. And we will continue to for some time. Please don’t worry about ordering too much or eating a lot… If you’re in even moderately good shape, this won’t freak us out at all. Quite the opposite. So just get it if you like it!
10) The 1st couple of dates are your chance to make a massive impression. Being nervous is ok (we’re not as judgmental as you, see). But please understand that we WILL “credit check” you. Now I don’t mean we’ll look into your finances, but you’ll only get from us what you qualify for. If you’re only worth a physical relationship, thats all you’ll get. So try to give us an inclination as to what YOU want! Dont be mad if we try to invite you up for a coffee after you’ve talked about sex all night and gotten drunk. Lay your cards out, ladies! (in a subtle way).
Craig also runs a website and is a personal fitness trainer:
Get something from that ladies? Personally I liked the bit about the bill part 😉